17.10.05

Analog

My old cassettes
   Have lost their sheen;
   Better music
   In circular plates
   Less scratchy, less space.
   Have displaced them from my life
Like old breadwinners,
  They replaced
   from their factories
   With gadgets.

Chaotic stacks in which they lie
  Gathering dust and negligence
  I do not have time left for them,  
  Yet they won’t ever take offence
   My disorderly old cassettes

Just sometimes in the middle of the night
  When silence creeps beneath my soul
   And faraway tunes of walked down times
   Brings fragrant whiff of tales untold…
Bygone melodies of coming to age
  My old cassettes I listen till late
  Rewind & play not the tape,
  Deep within my grown up head.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shamasis said...

And didnt I tell you about "loving inanimate objects!"

Inanimate... Huh! The world is very very relative! * sigh *

3:03 AM  
Blogger Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

nice take !

10:50 AM  
Blogger alpha_ro_mel said...

..And i have seen men die to save their guitar....well almost (not that i suspect their death but rather i have "heard" about them!!)

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home