29.10.05

Past Success, Said A Man

( In his famous poem “To the Indian who died in Africa” T.S Elliot wrote that immortal line
a man’s destination is never his destiny” )

Unlike the millions,
routine existence
mocking their dreams
I’ve been a successful man.
My destination was my destiny
and all due respect to Mr Elliot at that!
Indigence ne’er cooled my bosom
nor my soul wasted in languid despair
I’ve attained all I bargained for
I’m happy, I’m content, I’m in bliss if no more
And that is it.

That it is.
Yet
I do not know
where next to go
from this point
to leap to what unknown.
Darkness fogs my eyes
all my plans ruffled in vain
my very presence a stain
Call it wanton human greed
my heart crave and whine
the fragrance of victory
intoxicating than wine.
I wish for more..more success
Only I do not know in what

2 Comments:

Blogger Trinity said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:54 PM  
Blogger telperion said...

rather lucky i must say: to attain all that u bargained for.
but then did you ever wonder if what u bargained for was necessarily what you wanted?
but then who knows what he wants and what he wants not?

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home